Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find what you are looking for below? Have a question you need answering?
Want to tell us how great you think the programme is but not sure how to?
Email [email protected] and one of the team will be back to you as soon as possible.
Collecting Your Tickets / Box Office Opening Hours
We’ll be revealing the 2021 Assembly Festival box office opening hours in June.
Roxy Theatre (year round)
Roxy Theatre box office opens an hour before the performance start time.
Assembly has five venues dotted across Edinburgh during the fringe, each with a number of performance spaces. Edinburgh can be confusing in August so make sure to familiarise yourself with our handy venue map. There are box offices at each venue from which you can collect tickets for Assembly, Underbelly, Gilded Balloon or Pleasance shows. Assembly George Square and Assembly Rooms on George Street have a number of independent catering vendors and all our venues have fully stocked bars, you are allowed to bring drinks purchased from these bars into shows and performances. Due to licensing laws, under 18s are not allowed within our venues after 22:00 unless they are seeing a show.
All of our venue bars are free to enter.
Check out our dedicated accessibility guide which includes information about our venues including wheelchair access, induction loops and assisted performances.
Children under the age of 18 months do not require a ticket to access shows, please be aware that for some shows there is an age restriction due to content. Under 18s cannot be on site after 22:00 due to licensing laws unless they hold a valid ticket to see a show that night.
If you find an item of lost property:
- Notify a member of our team or if convenient, bring the item to a nearby Box Office. A full list of Box Office locations can be found above.
- We will log the item and if it has been reported missing we will return it to its owner. If it has not been registered as missing we will keep it on file until it is claimed.
If you have lost an item in one of our venues:
- Please contact our Box Office either in person or via the phone line to report your item missing. A full list of Box Office locations can be found above.
- We will take item details and get back to you as to wether it has been submitted to us.
- If we do not have your item we will keep your request and details on file so that it can be returned to you if it is handed in.