Work with Us
Assembly Festival set the standard for theatre, comedy and entertainment and are one of the largest multi-venue operators on the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. We present high calibre work in temporary theatre spaces across the city ranging from lecture theatres and churches to tents and shipping containers. 2019 marks Assembly’s 39th year, and we will present a programme of over 200 shows in comedy, theatre, dance and music drawn from over 12 countries across 5 hubs including the magnificent Assembly Hall, our year-round home – Assembly Roxy, Assembly Rooms, George Square and surrounding spaces and Assembly Checkpoint.
Assembly Festival supports the principle of equal opportunity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious or political beliefs. To avoid discriminatory practice in the recruitment of new employee’s, selection for the interview is based entirely on job-related criteria.
Application for Fringe 2019 will open in early March 2019.
Box Office Team
Box Office Manager
The Box Office Manager role is a management position and working with the Head of Box Office will be responsible for managing all of our ticketing requirements. The role has financial and team management responsibilities, and you will work closely with Assembly’s Programming Team to ensure that visiting companies are properly supported throughout their time on the Fringe, as well as managing the Box Office team and be responsible for set up, management and implementation of ticketing requirements at each venue Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Work with the Head of Box Office to ensure the fully networked, computerised Box Office solution for the Festival across our five hubs in Edinburgh city centre and the separate Phone Room operate efficiently.
- Assist with the relationship management of the 200 visiting companies at Assembly with regards the ticketing of their shows, selling their shows and sales reports; this will involve careful liaison with the Fringe as well to ensure all guidelines are followed.
- Manage the day to day maintenance of Assembly’s Box Office equipment.
- Keep up to date show information into our ticketing system in advance of the Festival.
- Liaison with, and relationship management of, key suppliers and consultants during the festival, particularly Red61
- Train and suitably induct all staff and create staffing rotas within budget restrictions, whilst ensuring that all outlets are staffed to suitable levels. Staff will be employed in advance.
- Ensure all show information has been correctly input into our ticketing system in advance of the Festival.
- Support the Marketing strategy by monitoring and improving systems for gathering and recording information, and implementing procedures that improve sales and customer service.
- Proactively manage the smooth running and administration of the box office system by setting up shows and offers; managing report schedules; updating ticket types, capacities and locks; maintaining a clean database; and maintaining and improving analysis and reporting procedures.
- Preparing daily banking reconciliations and securing all monies, cheques, theatre tokens and credit card records in accordance with the Finance Department and ensuring that invoices and reservations are chased up in good time.
- Provide a detailed end of festival report.
Essential personal requirements:
- Experience in the setup and management of a computerised ticketing system. (Experience with VIA is particularly beneficial)
- Strong computer and administrative skills
- A friendly and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail
- A commitment to making Assembly Festival a fantastic experience for the public, visiting companies and the staff
- A passion for the Arts and Theatre in all its forms
The work will be Edinburgh based and other than meeting key deadlines, will be completed within flexible working hours.
The contract will run from 1st July to 31st August 2019.
Applications for the role are open until 8th March 2019 – please apply by sending your CV and a note to [email protected]