Help us over the finish line
4 September 2020
We’ve been blown away by the range of support our freelancer support Crowdfunder campaign has received so far.
We want to share a huge thank you to everyone who’s donated so far; your contribution will make a massive difference to the freelancers that power festivals around the world.
If you haven’t had a chance to donate, you’ve got until this Sunday 06 September to help us hit our £20K target.
It’s also your last chance to snap up a limited-edition reward including signed photos of Assembly legends or VIP tickets to our 40th-anniversary festival next summer.
What we’ve been up to
As part of our fundraising efforts, members of the team took on individual challenges over the dates of the festival that never was.
Some of the highlights include:
- Cycling an average of 26 miles each day for 26 days around Ireland.
- Walking a marathon 52K step lap around some of London’s arts venues.
- Learning to DJ and creating motivational playlists for those working from home.
- Hula-hooping at 26 different locations across Edinburgh totalling 16 hours of hooping and a PB of 2,505 rotations without dropping in a single attempt.
- Pedalling the 100 kilometres from our festival hub in George Square, Edinburgh to George Square, Glasgow in one day.
How your support helps
Our eyes are firmly fixed on 2021 and the celebration of the return of the Fringe and our 40th-anniversary festival. Thanks to the generosity of everyone who’s donated we’ll be able to share tailored financial support packages to talented freelancers whose work was devasted by the pandemic to help them return to make your Fringe in 2021.
To stay in the loop with what we’re up to and our plans for 2021 make sure to sign up to our email updates where we’ll share updates, ticketing information and special offers for next year’s festival.
Top-left header image credit: Ryan Buchanan – @rbuchananphotography