A festival of fundraising for freelancers
7 August 2020
By this time of year, weeks of work building venues, laying turf, putting up the colourful array of show posters and countless tech run throughs will have concluded and we’d be well into the first week of the 2020 festival.
Our small team of 12 would have grown to a family of 900 individuals making the magic happen alongside more than 1,000 performers and production staff.
Instead, all is quiet.
The impact of a lost summer is immense on the incredible and diverse range of people who rely on the festival industry for their livelihood, whether they be artists, production staff or the small arms that make up our front of house, box office and catering teams in addition to the countless supplies that help us create this magical festival.
As an organisation we’ve taken on a considerable loan to get us through to 2021 but we need your help to support a few extremely valuable causes this August.
What we’re fundraising for
- A hardship fund for the band of highly skilled freelance creators whose livelihoods have been devastated by the events of 2020.
- Supporting the artists who have lost the opportunity to put on work this summer.
- Ensuring the survival of Assembly Roxy, our year-round Edinburgh venue which is run by our sister charity Assembly Theatre.
To achieve this, we’ve set ourselves the challenge of raising £30,000 to help support those who need it most.
Different members of the Assembly Team will be taking individual challenges during the dates of the festival that never was to help fundraise towards our ambitious target.
As a thank you for your support we’d love to welcome you to our 40th anniversary festival in 2021 and have a wee selection of rewards to help make the return of the Fringe even more special.
Terms and conditions – A festival of fundraising for freelancers Crowdfunder August 2020
- The Crowdfunding campaign will run from Wednesday 05 August until Wednesday 02 September 2020.
- Rewards have no equivalent cash alternative.
- Rewards will be granted subject to an individual contributing to the Assembly Festival Crowdfunder campaign which can be found at: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/assemblyfest.
- Contributors must provide accurate contact information in order to be eligible for a reward.
- We reserve the right to amend, cancel or pause any rewards as a result of circumstances outwith our control.
If you have any questions about the Crowdfunding campaign or the rewards, please contact us at [email protected].