Work with Us
Assembly Festival set the standard for theatre, comedy and entertainment and are one of the largest multi-venue operators on the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. We present high calibre work in temporary theatre spaces across the city ranging from lecture theatres and churches to tents and shipping containers. 2019 marks Assembly’s 39th year, and we will present a programme of over 200 shows in comedy, theatre, dance and music drawn from over 12 countries across 5 hubs including the magnificent Assembly Hall, our year-round home – Assembly Roxy, Assembly Rooms, George Square and surrounding spaces and Assembly Checkpoint.
Assembly Festival supports the principle of equal opportunity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious or political beliefs. To avoid discriminatory practice in the recruitment of new employee’s, selection for the interview is based entirely on job-related criteria.
Applications for Fringe 2019 are now open and the roles currently available are listed below:.
Role: Programming Coordinator
Reports to: Programmer / Producer
Direct Relationships: Artistic Director, General Manager, PA to the Artistic Director, Operations Director, Finance Manager.
Location: Based in London, the position will include time in Edinburgh in the lead up to and during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visiting Company Information: With the show producers, be responsible for the compilation of logistical information about companies, including arrival times, Edinburgh contact lists, rehearsal and press schedules etc. and ensure that this information is passed to all relevant departments.
- Royalties and Tax: Administrate distribution of PRS, FEU and other relevant forms to all companies and co-ordinate their returns as applicable.
External Relationships and Management
- Support the Artistic Director and Programming Team to develop positive relationships with artists, agents and their press and marketing representatives.
- Support Management to manage key external stakeholder relationships.
- Confidentiality: Keep in confidence the internal workings of the Assembly office.
Temporary RolesFestival 2019
Unfortunately we have now filled all of our temporary roles that were available for the summer, if you are still interested in working for us then please do keep checking this page as any further opportunities will be posted here.
If you did apply for a position, thank you for taking the time, but if you haven’t heard from us or had an arranged interview, then unfortunately there are no available positions remaining. We wish you all the best for the summer and hope you find other ways to enjoy the Festival.