What it Takes to Transform George Square
5 July 2017
From the marketing office, we’ve got front row seats for the two-week transformation of George Square Garden for it’s July 14th Opening.
We checked in with the site team during one of their breaks to ask “So exactly what does it take to transform George Square?” Here's what we’ve got:
- 124 Build Staff, Including:
- 5 imported Belgian Speigel Tent Specialists
- 4 Sadlespan Tent Specialists
- 2 Crane Operators named Donald and Donald
- 312 Cups of Tea (per day)
- 2690m² of High-Quality Grass
- 300 New pairs of Heavy work gloves
- 1 Hyperactive Motivational Mascot
- 1 Hyperactive Motivational Mascots High Visibility Vest
- 0L of Sunscreen
After all that – it’s only going to take 3 days to tear it all down.
As to whether it’s worth it all? Absolutely. We just wish we’d have to order a little more sunscreen.